Friday, September 23, 2011

Super Yummy Garlic Honey Meatballs

Looking for something simple the whole family is sure to love? This is it! Big Yank eats them up as fast as his shrimp. I love taking this to new moms, because she can just pop'em in her mouth with the baby in tow, plus it's always a dad favorite. The original recipe is here and it's great, but I like to make just a couple changes, because  I love the sauce and there's just not enough of it in the original recipe.

When I make this I cook the 2 pounds of meat, but I use half for this recipe and I freeze the 2nd pound of meatballs for spaghetti or a different meal later.


Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 5 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions

  1. In a large bowl combine eggs and milk. Add the bread crumbs, onion and salt. Crumble beef and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the ketchup, honey and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain meatballs; plate. 
  3. Serve with rice, meatballs and topped with a ton of sauce. YUM

 Happy Cooking!

3 comments:

  1. These sounds super yummy! Oh man!

    I am your newest follower! Thanks for following me at Atlanta Military Mom! :)

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That sounds like an awesome recipe! I will definitely give that a try sometime! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from the under 100 followers club at MBC. Also on the Blog Hop till you Drop!

    You're welcome anytime on my 'back porch' at http://backporchervations.blogspot.com

    ADORABLE little'uns.

    ReplyDelete